$2.2 million won for members in past 12 months
Over $2.2 million in compensation, underpayments and allowances has been recovered for IEUA-QNT members by our union’s expert Industrial Team.
IEUA-QNT Assistant Secretary Brad Hayes said the figure represented one of the major and unique benefits of IEUA-QNT membership – access to trusted, expert industrial and legal advice from a team with decades of experience in education.
“IEUA-QNT membership means you have access to a team of organiser and industrial staff whose experience and advice you can count on when you need it most,” Brad said.
Some of the key financial recoveries for IEUA-QNT members in the last 12 months have included:
- Over $70,000 in the settlement of a bullying and harassment claim
- Nearly $40,000 in the settlement of a discrimination claim
- More than $30,000 in a severance payment recovery
- Close to $25,000 in the recovery of underpayment of wages
“That our union can achieve such significant wins on these matters for our members is based on both the collective strength of our 17,000 members as well as the legacy of experience over 100 years as a union.
“Our union is unique in its history, experience and most importantly its members.
“We understand the complexities of the non-government sector when it comes to industrial law and the enforcement of collective agreement provisions.
“These collective agreements only exist because of the hard work and solidarity of our members across the sector.
“IEUA-QNT members know that they can count on our union to be there for them if, and when, they need industrial advice and support.
“Just like they know they can count on our union to ensure better wages and working conditions, to provide a voice at work and to represent the membership on professional concerns facing the sector.
“Nothing can compare to the security, protection and peace of mind being a member of our union provides,” Mr Hayes said.
Why members can count on IEUA-QNT.
Our track record in the past 12 months:
- $2.2 million in compensation, underpayments and allowances recovered for members.
- 6684 member queries responded to by our IEUA-QNT Member Services Team.
- 771 member issues provided direct industrial representation by expert IEUA-QNT industrial staff.
- 169 members assisted with WorkCover matters.
- 243 separate collective agreements covering 749 schools, kindergartens and private training institutions negotiated and enforced by our union.
- 3,800 workplace visits completed last year by 13 IEUA-QNT organisers located throughout Queensland and the Northern Territory to support members dealing with local workplace issues.