Support crucial in the early years
Our union offers a range of professional development (PD) opportunities to support early career teacher members.
Training will be held in Brisbane, Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast over the April school holidays on a range of key topics including behaviour management, lesson planning, inclusive education, workplace rights and teacher registration.
These sessions complement the online professional development courses available through the Teacher Learning Network (TLN) to all IEUA-QNT teacher members in the first five years of their career.
IEUA-QNT Assistant Secretary Brad Hayes said teachers in the early years need access to quality professional development and support, particularly given statistics which show 1 in 3 teachers leave the profession within the first five years.
“The early years of a teacher’s career are often the most exciting, but they also tend to be the most challenging,” Mr Hayes said.
“Members have identified quality professional development as being particularly important, both to help them navigate their way in the profession and to meet their registration requirements.
“By offering online training we are able to support regionally and remotely located members who often find they have fewer PD options.
“Our union is proud to offer early career teacher members access to quality PD as a key component of their union membership.”
All sessions held at our union office – 346 Turbot Street, Spring Hill
- Thriving in the First Years >>RSVP
Monday, 8 April 2019 10.00am to 12 noon
- Learning Support and Gifted Education >>RSVP
Monday, 8 April 2019 1.00pm to 3.00pm
- Behaviour Management >>RSVP
Tuesday, 9 April 2019 10.00am to 1.00pm
- Know your Rights >>RSVP
Tuesday, 9 April 2019 2.00pm to 4.00pm
All sessions held at our union office – 15/9 Capital Place, Birtinya
- Teacher Registration >>RSVP
Wednesday, 10 April 2019 10.00am to 12 noon
- How to Plan Great Lessons >>RSVP
Wednesday, 10 April 2019 1.00pm to 3.00pm
All sessions held at our union office – 6/12 Prescott Street, Toowoomba
- Inclusive Education Practices (Gifted and Learning Support) >>RSVP
Thursday, 11 April 2019 10.00am to 12 noon
- From OP to ATAR: Navigating the New Tertiary Admission Rank >>RSVP
Thursday, 11 April 2019 1.00pm to 3.00pm
Super Session Day – Tuesday, 19 March 2019
- Relationships in the secondary classroom - making your expectations clear
5:30 - 7:00pm
- Numeracy in the primary classroom – strategies for improving problem solving skills
5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Assessment techniques for primary – knowing where students are up to
6:30pm – 7:30pm
- Quality teaching techniques for primary - scope and sequence of work
3:30pm – 5:00pm
- Positive primary classrooms - setting expectations for positive relationships
3:30pm – 4:30pm
- Literacy in the primary classroom - strategies for improving writing
7:00pm – 8:00pm
*Workshops and TLN access are only available to financial IEUA-QNT teacher members who are in their first five years in the profession. To confirm your membership details or join our union, please contact our membership department or join online now.