Review of the Disability Standards for Education
Every five years, the Minister for Training and Education is required to conduct a review into the effectiveness of Disability Standards for Education.
Members can support improvements to education for students with disability by contributing to the review.
How to participate
There are three main ways members can participate in the review:
- by contributing to one or more of the discussion forums focused on 5 topics:
- What has been your experience of access and participation?
- Is the community aware of barriers faced by people with disability?
- How helpful are the standards for educators and education providers?
- Are the standards a useful tool for advocacy?
- How can we improve the effectiveness of the standards?
2. by telling us about your experiences in the Share your story section below
3. by making a submission (an optional submission template is available).
Written, audio and video submissions can be accepted via the review website, or can be posted in hard copy to:
Economic and Social Advisory
Level 12, 120 Collins Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Contributions and submissions can be accepted until close of business (5pm AEST) on Friday 5 June 2015.
Contributors are encouraged to review the discussion paper prepared for this review, which can be found on the review website.