Professional Issues Conference: 'Restoring the Balance'
Get a healthy dose of current and energising thinking and research about your profession to help you re-focus on how we as educators can restore the balance.
The 'Restoring the Balance' Professional Issues Conference will be held Friday 21 August 2015 at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre and will be jointly hosted by our union and the Queensland Teachers' Union (QTU).
Cost $150 inc GST
Guest speakers include:
- Professor Bob Lingard, UQ (The global commercialisation of education and the dangers of the Reform of Federation White Paper)
- Correna Haythorpe, AEU Federal President (Global trends in education and the challenges faced by the teaching profession)
- Dr Jim Watterston, Director-General Education (An outline of Government priorities in education and training)
Workshops topics include:
- Early childhood issues
- QCAA developments in curriculum and senior assessment
- Annual Performance Review processes
- Application of Australian Professional Standards in non-government schools
- Workload issues