Anglican Schools Collective Bargaining
The collective agreement governing wages and conditions in Queensland Anglican schools expires later this year.
Feedback from union members has identified a range of significant professional, industrial, and family friendly issues for inclusion in the Anglican Schools Employee Log of Claims for collective bargaining.
The Anglican Schools Employee Log of Claims has been compiled based on extensive member surveys, workplace visits and direct member feedback.
The claim includes a range of solutions identified by members in response to issues in our schools:
- Contemporary wages and career pathways
- Practices to support a better work-life balance
- Family personal and community responsibility
- Greater balance in teacher hours of duty arrangements
- Fixed-term contract protections and increased job security
- Anglican Schools Employee Log of Claims
- Now is our chance to improve working conditions in Anglican schools - flyer
- How can Anglican schools better support Graduate Teachers - flyer
- Recognising the valuable work of school officers and services staff - flyer
Click here to download a summary of employee bargaining issues - as at 10 November 2017
On Make a Mate a Member Day — 7 March 2018, members in Anglican talked to their workmates and personally invited them to join our union.
Union membership is our only way to win a strong voice at work and solve wages and workload issues in Anglican schools.
After five months of negotiations and member action highlighting the growing wage disparity suffered by Anglican school teachers, the employers have finally committed to a top teacher rate of $101,000 in 2018.
While members will welcome the revised employer offer to match this particular outcome achieved in other Queensland education sectors, concerns remain with respect to the employer wage offer for the remaining teacher classifications, Positions of Added Responsibility (PAR) and non-teaching staff.
To ensure a successful outcome in these negotiations, we need all staff in Anglican schools to join together.
Strengthen our collective voice by becoming an IEUA-QNT member.