Stop the Cuts, Controls & Constraints - Queensland Lutheran Schools
Lutheran Education Queensland draft agreement confirms cuts
Lutheran Education Queensland (LEQ) has now provided a copy of their draft agreement to our union which confirms its plan of, cuts, controls and constraints to employee working conditions.
The following are just some of the cuts, controls and constraints that have been confirmed in the draft employer agreement:
- A delay in any wage increase for any employee until the agreement is approved by the Fair Work Commission.
- Principals will have absolute power over their employees in matters of complaints handling, serious misconduct and dismissal and performance issues.
- Highly Accomplished Teacher and Lead Teacher (HALT) payments paid as allowances, below state and Catholic sector rates.
- PARs paid as allowance, significantly lower than in state and Catholic sectors.
- For support staff the references to the old State Awards have been removed and replaced by reference to the Education Services (General Staff) Modern Award, which generally has poorer conditions.
- Issues with the Outdoor Education Schedule remain – no role description or reclassification clause included, increased directed hours and a lack of clarity around on-call time remain.
- Removal of the provision which enabled Religious Studies professional development to be undertaken within working hours and at employer expense.
Instead of looking to protect and reward staff for maintaining quality education and learning throughout the current crisis, LEQ is shamefully and ruthlessly trying to push through an agenda which will leave Queensland Lutheran school staff as second class employees in comparison to the Queensland Catholic and state sectors.
Full story here >> READ NOW!
Members are encouraged to SIGN and SHARE the petition calling on the employer to STOP THE CUTS, CONTROLS AND CONSTRAINTS.
Find the petition here.
Our union advices IEU members and all LEQ employees to VOTE NO if the employer takes this draft agreement to ballot in its current form.
We do not take this position lightly: this is the first time a ‘no’ vote has been recommended in the last 10 rounds of collective bargaining.
MEMBERS TAKE ACTION
Members joined together is a special online state-wide meeting on Monday, 22 June to call on LEQ to stop the cuts, controls and constraints.
Members should extend personal invites to join our union to all non-members in their schools - it has never been more important to join together to protect our working conditions.
This attack will only be defeated through strong, collective action and voices.
IEU members from Lutheran schools across Queensland joined together in a special online meeting calling on LEQ to STOP THE CUTS, CONTROLS AND CONSTRAINTS!
- Lutheran Employer draft Agreement received - cuts confirmed
- General employee overview
- Teachers (Updated: 24/06/2020)
- School Officers and support staff
For a full list of Chapter Briefings – click here.