Careers You Can Count On - Catholic School Officers
School officers in Queensland Catholic schools play a critical role in the delivery of quality education to our students.
Sadly, we know the reality for many school officers in the sector is one of limited career options and professional recognition.
These key concerns for school officers have been reinforced by the member feedback during the recent collective bargaining campaign in Catholic schools.
Long overdue review of the classification structure is now underway
The review of the 25 year old school officer classification and pay structure is now underway in Catholic schools. This review is required by the new collective agreement in response to our member campaign for an updated classification structure.
You can read further details of the terms and conduct of the review here.
School officers play a critical role in the delivery of quality education to our students. This is our chance to modernise outdated classifications to reflect complex and diverse school officer roles in 2020.
Our latest member updates regarding the status of the review are available here:
- Tuesday, 4 August 2020: Principles to underpin the review (employee position)
- Thursday, 6 August 2020: School officers have waited 25 yrs: You deserve a career you can count on!
Photo: Our school officer reps and union officers prepare for the joint working party discussions.
You deserve Careers You Can Count On - this is how we can deliver
It’s time Queensland Catholic School employers showed the same level of commitment as school officers show each and every day in our schools.
You deserve Careers You Can Count On and our union will be campaigning to ensure this is the outcome for members in the classifaction review.
We need all school officers to get involved and get active in this campaign:
- Take on a union rep role in your school. We need strong and loud school officer voices in all Chapters.
- Talk union with your school officer colleagues. Share your own membership experience and why this review is so important.
- Play an active role in any Chapter meetings or discussions in your school
State-wide consultation and online feedback sessions will also be scheduled to support and inform the review - make sure you take the time to have your say!