Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
Our union's Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) was endorsed by Reconciliation Australia in June 2016, acknowledging our ethical and professional responsibility to positively influence the perceptions and behaviours of future generations by working with members to support the process of reconciliation within their own school communities.
Our union’s RAP will operate at the Innovate level in accordance with Reconciliation Australia guidelines, joining together with a large collective of organisations that have turned their good intentions into a framework for action.
An Innovate RAP is for organisations that have developed relationships with their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stakeholders and are ready to develop or implement programs for cultural learning, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment and supplier diversity.
- increasing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Representatives on union bodies;
- celebrating NAIDOC Week each year in July;
- marking Close the Gap Day;
- acknowledging Country at meetings and events;
- supporting Narragunnawali Reconciliation in Schools; and
- increasing participation in our union’s Yarning Circle.