IEUA-QNT is an organising union which works to improve the lives of more than 17,000 members and associates who are working, preparing for employment, or have worked in the non-government education sector in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Our members have many roles and specialisations including:
- School officers and services staff (including for example: school secretaries, teacher aides, laboratory assistants and library aides )
- ELICOS teachers
- Principals (without the autonomous right to hire or dismiss staff)
- Kindergarten and preschool teachers and assistants
- Teachers and instructors in Business Colleges
- Teachers and instructors in any private enterprise educational institution
- Services staff (including grounds people, gardeners and tuckshop convenors, some exceptions apply)
- Associate members (retired members and undergraduate students).
Active members are the key to the strength of our union.
This means IEUA-QNT members join with others to achieve better working conditions and have the opportunity to:
- take part in training opportunities
- understand your legal rights at your school
- participate and support Union campaigns
- network with other members
- contribute to professional and educational bodies enhancing non-government education.